Thu, 21 June 2007
Our jukebox (mentioned previously) received an update yesterday.
- it now uses Erlang’s inets httpd instead of yaws, which reduces external dependencies while also giving the code better structure;
- it now uses a (mostly) RFC 4627-compliant JSON implementation, with a mod_jsonrpc plugin for the inets httpd (also mentioned previously) to expose services via AJAX JSON-RPC;
- the code is laid out based on the OTP design guidelines, is structured as a proper OTP application, and uses supervision hierarchies for robustness.
To download the code,
- Get the RFC4627-and-mod_jsonrpc module (tarball or github repo)
- Get the Jukebox code (tarball or mercurial repo)
On 22 June, 2007 at 1:11 pm,wrote:
I’m very pleased to see you’re taking reliability seriously. If the jukebox isn’t a mission critical application I don’t know what is.
On 22 June, 2007 at 1:23 pm,wrote:
Bread and circuses are very important tools in the day-to-day management of an empire.